[SEL] Check Balls for Pumps - 10 bags available

Rob Skinner rskinner at rustyiron.com
Tue Jun 22 18:08:17 PDT 2004

Hi boys and girls,
If you need a supply of parts for your pumps, I've got just
the deal for you.

My dilemma started two weeks ago when I needed to get a
fuel pump working IMMEDIATELY.  It turned out that one of
the check balls had become rusty and pitted after the
engine had sat for a couple years.  It was late and I
didn't have any extra balls rolling around, so I polished
up the seat and made due with a half-fast repair.

Not wanting to be in such a predicament again, I decided to
buy a selection of stainless steel balls to have on hand
for emergencies.  The corner hardware store is great;  they
have everything.  But their markup on little parts like
stainless balls is ridiculous.  To save some money, I
ordered up some full bags of stainless steel balls.

Now what can I do with 375 assorted stainless steel balls?
Go into the fuel pump repair business?  Not bloody likely.
I'm gonna save a few out of each bag for myself and then
bag up the rest of them for those of you who might also
want a stash on hand.

Here's what each package will contain:

8 each   1/8" stainless ball
8 each   3/16" stainless ball
8 each   1/4" stainless ball
4 each   5/16" stainless ball
2 each   3/8" stainless ball

I'll put them all in a ziplock baggie, sandwich it between
cardboard, stick it in an envelope, and send it First Class
Insured to anywhere in the U.S. for seven dollars.  I've
only got enough to do ten packages like this.  If you want
one, let me know OFF LIST.

Rob

Rob Skinner
La Habra, California