[SEL] OT - need tune-up specs..

Bill Dickerson bill at antique-engines.com
Mon Jun 21 13:44:59 PDT 2004

Sorry, folks - the AMCFORUM is down, can't get answers there  - and my
Chilton's only goes back to the mid-70's.
I need the tune-up specs for a 1969 AMC Javelin with a 290 2bbl and
automatic tranny.
Idle speed, fast idle speed, timing (I'd bet dwell is 29-31!) and so forth.
Doing a complete work-over of such a beast and don't have any specs to go
by.
I've gotten it working a WHOLE lot better just by using instincts and what I
can remember about them (since I used to work on them all the time).

Right now, it's a semi-stationary engine - it's in the garage with the hood
up.

To do:
Radiator
Read spring rebuild