[SEL] Coolspring. NOW: Cylinder boring

Michael Tucker mtucker at uky.edu
Mon Jun 21 09:13:09 PDT 2004

>  He'll bore the cylinder, order new rings, and flame spray the
>piston if needed.

I didn't realize that NOT putting in an oversized piston in when you
bored the cylinder was an option.  Does it depend on how much (or
little, in this case) that you bore the cylinder before you decide
what to do with the piston?  I thought that if you bored the cylinder
and left the original piston you would get a fair amount of piston
skirt slap.  Why not just try a new set of rings to see if that will
get her running before you (or Craig) go through the trouble of
boring the cylinder?

>Next year she'll be amazing.  8-))

Oh PLLLEEEAAASE!  How long have you had Bessie?  Is this the first
time that you noticed that she didn't have enough compression to run
or are you just using that as an excuse to cover up the fact that
ANOTHER deadline has come and gone with no results! :-)))

See ya',
Mike
--
Michael Tucker