[SEL] Coolspring.

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Mon Jun 21 07:47:07 PDT 2004

Hi John,

Bessie's Coolspring outing was great even if she didn't do more than chuff
a bit.  A large gang (Craig Prucha, Paul Grey, Dallas Cox, Bill Tremel,
and me) all got our morning exercise pulling and tromping the flywheels.
Despite all the creative suggestions and adjustments, the lack of
compression just couldn't be overcome.  Saturday morning I removed the
cylinder and piston and sent those home with Craig.  He'll bore the
cylinder, order new rings, and flame spray the piston if needed.  Next
year she'll be amazing.  8-))

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA