[SEL] Electrical Problem, Way-Way-Way OT.

BillMil357 at aol.com BillMil357 at aol.com
Sun Jun 20 18:22:16 PDT 2004

Hey Guy's and Gal's;

I know there are some good electrician's and electrical Engineers on this
list and Your OLE engine buddy has a problem I have some electric light dimmer
controls on lights down at my church and they are made by Hunter Electronics,
Dallas, Texas and I was wondering if any of you had worked on these controls or
would have a wiring diagram for them, The top control number is MC 50 and the
bottom control number is PC 20 LR. This set of lights would only burn about
half brightness, and when I would turn the rheostat one place the lights got a
little brighter and I could hear the pot humming, like arcing so I put a jumper
wire across from the center terminal to one outside terminal and the lights
got good and bright, and there is another rheostat on the same shaft that has
never been used, how can I determine if it is the right size to work if I
switch my wires over to it, this rheostat just had 3 wires run over to the terminal
board and ended there. These controls are about 35 years old and Hunter Is no
longer in business and the controls just look brand new when you take the
covers off and no burned wires or anything, I would sure like to have a wiring
diag. and some technical help. I have several pictures on my Webshots page that
will give you a lot better idea of what is going on. I will also list my
E-mail address so you can write off list.

http://community.webshots.com/user/billmil357

Thanks,

Bill Miller.
billmil357 at aol.com