[SEL] Grant's Novo

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Fri Jun 11 05:03:11 PDT 2004

Hi Folks,

Graham makes an EXCELLENT point here that's really worth repeating.

When you make a deal to pick up that "barn fresh" engine (or rusty yard
ornament) that's missing the mixer, mag, etc. DO ask if you can have a
look around in the barn, celler, etc.  I think VERY OFTEN the "easily
removed" bits were removed and put up on a shelf for safe-keeping while
the owner decided what to do with the engine that quit working.  Then you
come along decades later.  I've heard too many stories of folks who found
the expensive bits, covered in dirt, straw, and pigeon poop sitting on the
shelf where they were put.

See ya,  Arnie

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, [iso-8859-1] Graham Harris wrote:

<snip>

> Unfortunately the carby is missing, but I would reckon
> it's the early brass square type too.

<snip>