[SEL] coulee antique engine show dates?

Joe Prindle joe_prindle2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 8 19:36:29 PDT 2004

Hi Stacy,
I can't find my show directory, either lost it or lent it out. I thought
the show used to be about this time of the year, same time as Plainfield.
I know they were having some problems over there, they have been suffering
for years. I looked on the department of tourism's site, and on the web
using Vernon County, Viroqua and Coulee, and nothing to be seen on this
year's show. I suppose you could try to find a telephone number for
someone in Viroqua, like a chamber of commerce or even the sherrif's
department, and give them a call and see if they can tell you more.
If that doesn't work out, perhaps you would come up to Plainfield. That
show is getting better every year and there are some real good folks
there. Last year it was so cold and rainy we pulled out early on Sunday to
go get coffee, and we never even brought any beer. I hope this doesn't
mean we are getting old!!
Eagle River is a week or two later, that club has had a major shake-up and
seems to be straightening out. Scott Vassar, from Rhinelander, is the
President now and Scott is working real hard to make things go. I haven't
been there for years, but it used to be that some of the finest engines to
be seen anywhere in WI would show up at that little show at the campground
in Eagle River. Now it is moved to the snowmobile race track, so it might
not be as cozy as it was, but there was getting to be a lot of tension
between the folks who owned the campground and the club. They have a heck
of a deal now, the guys who run the snowmobile racetrack welcomed the club
with open arms, charged them nothing to use the place and put it on their
insurance. You just can't kick about a deal like that.
Does anyone know when the Freeport show is? Oddly I never see much about
it on the list. I haven't gone in a long, long time but it used to be one
of my favorite shows. There are some real good folks down there and they
put on a nice show. If I can get off from work, I wouldn't mind going down
there again.
Maybe I will see you at Plainfield. Just remember, the locals don't find
Ed Gein jokes to be very funny!
Joe
--- Stacy Leis <sleis at mwt.net> wrote:
> Hi List
>
>   I was wondering of someone could look at there 2004 show directory and
> tell me if and when the coulee antique engine show is in Viroqua
> Wisconsin? thank you for the help ? :-)
>
>                                         Stacy

=====
Joe Prindle