[SEL] Famous Running

Patrick M Livingstone pml1 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jun 7 18:26:01 PDT 2004

Sunday I went out to Ron's to play engines. We decided that it was time to
have another go at Ron's 6hp Famous as it had been about 11 months since we
had last put any effort into it. Ron had cleaned the carby up since we had
last run the engine so it was bolted back on and the engine oiled up. The
engine started easily (which was great as last time I had sore arms for
days) but was running a little quick. After stopping the engine we removed
one of the governor springs and fired the engine up again. It was now
running a lot slower. The engine has a lot of blowby but a bit of running
will probably help.
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/ronsengines/03072702.JPG
The engine is a little unusual in Oz being a hit and miss as most of the
larger Famous engines in Oz seem to be throttlers. This engine had
originally been fitted with a Webster but it was long gone. It has an Edd
Payne built ignitor fitted which works perfectly (as Edd's ignitors do).

Patrick M Livingstone
Leichhardt NSW
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Index.html
http://www.users.bigpond.com/pml/