[SEL] OT - thanks to list for VW bolts etc.

Bill Dickerson bill at antique-engines.com
Wed Jun 2 19:49:08 PDT 2004

Thanks to Steve and others for the suggestion of hitting up an auto glass
shop for some windshield "adhesive".
This one I see had been "repaired" before, but seeing how they did it in the
past, no shock it didn't last - they used blue silicone! Yikes! For sure
that won't hold for long.

Got it all out and cleaned up good. Used mineral spirits to do some "rough"
cleaning, will fine tune that with alcohol.

One thought I had years ago was to drill the channel and the glass and use
the tape again and use small machine screws through the whole shootin match,
but I'm unwilling to try that on a window that is very hard to find.

I'll hit the shop up tomorrow for the adhesive.
Not much room in this door to make the assembly with the parts in the door,
so I'll do as I've done so many times before, assemble, let it sit, then put
it back in the door as a unit. It's sat with no window in it for days
already, a few more hours won't hurt.

Thanks again for the tips. Good to know a lot of been down this road before!
I thought it was just an AMC/Javelin thing, apparantly not.

Bill