[SEL] What is Felt used for?

ED edstoller at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 1 18:46:10 PDT 2004

Thanks to all that responded. The next time I clean my antique lathe I think
I will put some in strategic places to keep the chips out. I was also
wondering if we could cut circles using a very hot end of a piece of pipe.

I got the felt out of the attic to cut a piece for Joel. The good news is
that it is 5.5 feet wide and 23 feet long and .080 inches thick. The bad
news  is it is not felt. I think it is a belt from a printing press. It
looks like felt on the outside but has a man made structure on the inside.
It is very tough. It might be useful to cushion an impact.

  I can send  a sample to any one who might want part of it. Just send me
your address so I can cut and paste it onto an envelope, edstoller at
earthlink dot net.

All I can think to do with it is use it to cover the carpet in the back of
my jeep and through the rest in a dumpster.

Ed Stoller
New Fairfield, CT