[SEL] OT (way OT!) advice on how to sell business needed

Jeff Allen transteck at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 29 20:06:22 PDT 2004

Bill,

You are in a tough position not owning the building. I had a buddy try to
sell his business some years ago and he was in a similar situation. He
didn't own the building. The deal fell through because the owner would not
lease to a buyer at the same rate. If the Masonic Lodge will agree to commit
the same rate to a buyer you are in good shape. If not you have an inventory
to sell off. Your low rent rate is part of your profit and any buyer will
look at that. The "blue sky" won't fly if the business has to move to
another location. You have an established customer base at an established
location and that is your selling point if it works out. Best of luck.

Jeff