[SEL] Economy Buzzrig Birthday Present / Magnet Recharge

Luke Tonneberger flywheelin at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 29 07:59:40 PDT 2004

Shirley's buzz rig really isn't ready to go to a show. The Webster mag isn't
able to fire the engine. It throws a spark when I trip the mag with a
screwdriver on the workbench, but when it is on the engine it won't run it.
I unhooked the wire from the Webster and grounded it out, then hooked up a
battery and coil and it popped right off. Of course I couldn't run it long
as the points are normally closed and the coil heats up after about 20 to 30
minutes. I'm thinking/hoping it just needs the magnets recharged. Does
anybody know if I can get this done at Portland? Not sure if any vendors are
capable of doing this out in the field in the sale area?

Luke Tonneberger
Rockford, Michigan
USA