[SEL] Pump Question

Bill Dickerson bill at antique-engines.com
Wed Jul 28 08:53:40 PDT 2004

Ya, a small engine will run that one.
Think of it - a centrifugal pump with 2" pipes and a 1.5 hp Lauson TG will
run it.
Also a "mud pump" with 3" pipes and a 1.5hp Fairbanks TG will run it -
granted, it's geared down, but it sure kicks out a bunch of H2O when it's on
the downstroke.
I'd think a common engine 1.5 to 3 hp would run that thing nicely for
display - the purpose being not to move 10,000 gph but to make a nice
display pumping any amount.
Go for it.

Bill