[SEL] Baraboo Show

Joe Prindle joe_prindle2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 27 17:26:17 PDT 2004

Hi Curt,
We really can't rope anything prior to Sunday, August 15th. There is still
some stump grinding and hole filling to be done up in that area and there
is at least one more trip through there with the lawn mower, probably on
the 14th.
Another problem is that if we start reserving or roping this soon, the
land rush will be on and we really do not want that. We have had major
problems with that in the past and we really have to hold firm on 1:00 pm
on August 15th as the very earliest that a rope can go up.
If showing up on the 15th to do the roping yourself is going to prove to
be inconvenient, you are more than welcome to come up this weekend and
show me where you want to set up the list area. If you show me exactly
where you want it, I can be reasonably sure that you will get it. I will
be heading up the gang roping off that portion of the grounds, so we could
be standing there with ropes and stakes ready when the little hand is on 1
and the big one on 12! The roping is usually fun, we hook a trailer behind
the little L Oil Pull and pile it full of stuff and head out and do it.
There is usually a fair amount of kidding around involved and it only
takes 4 or 5 hours to get it done.
How many folks are we expecting from the list to be setting up in that
area? I hope that Dave brings some of his maytag artwork, I know one guy
who will have a coniption fit (or a sh!t hemmorage) when he sees that....
Let me know what you want to do about the roping, I will do all I can to
help you but we just can't put anything up any earlier than the 15th.
Joe
--- cgandree at mchsi.com wrote:

> Hi Joe,
> Looks like I might beable to come up for workday and was wondering if we
> could
> rope off The "SEL List" turf back in the timber area as we previously
> talked
> last month?
> Curt Andree

=====