[SEL] OT (way OT!) advice on how to sell business needed

Bill Dickerson bill at antique-engines.com
Mon Jul 26 20:47:42 PDT 2004

Since there are so many great minds out here, thought I would ask this
group.
I know there are doctors, mechanics, judges and heaven forbid, probably even
lawyers out here.
Time to sell - wife wants to get back to normal life.
We've done this for 5.5 years and it's time to move on.
She wants to sell the quilt store.
Running it was easy compared to what it seems to take to sell.
Anyone know how to value the thing and how to go about it - or more
importantly, how to NOT go about it?

Anyone know what SDCF and/or EBITDA cash flow are and how to get to that?
It's been successful, it's paid its own way and has survived competition and
economic downturn but we want our time back!

So what do we do - or not do?

Bill
Runnells, Iowa, USA

"and tho my race was thought immune,