[SEL] Stover CT-1

jlb94 at juno.com jlb94 at juno.com
Mon Jul 26 13:04:31 PDT 2004

Hey Guys -
Today I took the crank cover off my Stover CT-1 and am going to replace
the oil gaskets.
While cleaning up the surfaces, I realized that I've done this several
times and it always
seems to leak pretty bad.  It's almost like it's foolish to try sealing
it up.

I have gaskets which are cork - and the felt that goes over the bearing
caps and between the cover and housing.   The felt doesn't seem to be
much more than carpet padding.

I could pretty much guarantee that when I 'm done it's going to leak no
matter how hard I try to seal it up.

The surfaces are in good shape and no cracks or welds.

How about some opinions as to what methods to use to insure a leak-proof
seal ?

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com
 ,-._,-.          "Conceit is an odd disease -
 \/)"(\/            It makes everyone sick but the one who has it. "
 (_o_)          http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz