[SEL] Acknowledgement of e-mail Nat Rally

Adam Cottrill adamcottrill at telstra.com
Sun Jul 25 05:55:39 PDT 2004

"Any independent club has no chance of co existing amicably due to the nature
of the rules re members insurance cover. You are one or the other."

You missed the point Reg that Orford one of the most popular and fastest growing  rallys does not have NHMA affiliation (ok well maybe this says something). Two of its members kindly fund the insurance premium privately so they can run the rally.

My own club until recently has its own private insurance policy and changed to the National body simply because it was more cost effective $12 per person compared to $2500 a year.

I also draw your attention to the National Rally Entry form to the section where it asks if do or do not have public liability of $10mill or more, if you dont they offer avenues to obtain it in previous National rallys before Hayfield my club sort to abtain to to meet the requirements of the NHMA as we only had $5mill at the time.

Clubs do have a fair and equal chance to co exist as proven by the examples above so long as they have a minimun of 10mill public liablity which is now in most states is the min requirement by law.

Insurance is avalible for this hobby in this country if you can afford it and I see that point being no fault of the NHMA who collectively with its 7000 or so members pay for a insurance policy inexcess of $50,000 per year which gives national coverage.

I can tell you from personal experience being a saftey officer and checking insurance cards of exhibitors that come to my rally very many have there own private public liability insurance of $10mill and I assure to they are made most welcome and take part in all events and continue to come back year after year.

Maybe you can suggest to your club Reg seeking alternate insurance providers as it seems from what your saying in regards to your consitution the NHMA doesnt meet your needs of your club I assure you there are companys more than willing to do business contact me off list and I will pass on the contact details.

And if you do decide to seek alternate means of coverage so long as it meets the $10mill requirement you will be most welcome to be a an exhbitor and guest at our forth comming rally in March the weekend after the National. If it doesnt meet the $10mill requirement I assure you also there are means of allowing you to exhbit and having a great time at our rally and to that end I extend an invitation to you to visit the weekend after in March.

Kind regards,
              Adam