[SEL] Hercules tg, idleing

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Tue Jul 20 14:27:58 PDT 2004

In a message dated 7/19/2004 9:11:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bill at antique-engines.com writes:

<< they are egg-shaped rather than round >>

Most factory ones that I know of are egg shaped and not simple for the home
repairman to accomplish.  They are egg shaped so they completely close. The
problem with round ones home made is that they need to stop at top dead center to
work properly.  If they go beyond top dead center, they effectively open up
again and allow fuel to enter.  My 6 hp hopper cooled Famous used to run away
from me when I first bought it and I could not figure out why until I pulled it
down and found home made round throttle and it was going past top dead
center.  I made a stop for it and cured the problem.

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va. USA
Germoamer at aol.com