[SEL] Hidden fuel filters

Alan Bowen alanb2 at webtv.net
Mon Jul 19 16:50:00 PDT 2004

Hi Curt,

I am very sorry to say I have no idea where to buy fine screen like
that.

I was wondering the same thing.  I really liked what I found there.  I
have run that engine many days at shows and I had no idea there was a
screen like that keeping crud out of the mixer.

I am putting together another Hercules that is ten years older.  It is a
model E 1-1/2 hp.  I want to give it a filter just like it's newer
cousin.  8>))

I just ordered the tank and fuel line that goes from the tank to the
mixer from Hit-N-Miss.  I wonder if the pipe will have a screen
attached,,,,,, 8>))

Normally I would just make up the fuel line and check valve, but I am
working so many hours now I would much rather just install the parts.

SO,,,, Anybody know where to buy VERY fine mesh brass scee????

Alan Bowen alanb2 at webtv.net
Williamsburg, Michigan

~~~~~Curt Holland wrote~~~~~~

Alan,
Any thoughts on where to buy the fine brass screen you mentioned? I've
never seen any in a hardware store but need to buy some for an engine
Devin and I are working on.
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC

Alan Bowen wrote:
Picture fine brass screen rolled up to fit into the end of the fuel pipe
that screws into the tank. Then solder it into the pipe and fold and
solder the end shut.

Alan Bowen  alanb2 at webtv.net
Williamsburg, Michigan