[SEL] O.T. New Home Wiring Questions

Myron Busch oldiron at charter.net
Mon Jul 19 15:39:39 PDT 2004

This is what I suggest for communications wiring, telephone, cable for a lot of items.

Install plastic conduit, the bigger the better that will fit in the space, one inch or 3/4 inch. Then with accessible pull boxes you
can change cables and up grade as needed for the future.

Just how many homes have flat 300 ohm twin lead for television that is no longer used. If they used conduit then you could pull out
the 300 ohm and install the most modern high efficient cable. Over time technology will change and maybe you would like to add
closed circuit TV.  Using conduit you can place the runs away from the electrical line's preventing crosstalk and spikes in the
communications lines.

Just a thought.