[SEL] Maytag flywheel help needed.

Bill Dickerson bill at antique-engines.com
Mon Jul 19 12:36:21 PDT 2004

That's pretty much how I do it.

Put the nut on the shaft so it's flush. Too far and you risk mushrooming the
shaft, not far enough and you'll drive the nut on and ruin threads.
Should take only a good solid tap. If you go STRAIGHT at the end if the
shaft, not at any angle, it should be fine.

I understand a list member has developed a special Maytag flywheel puller.
It's shown on his web site..............
Anyone have the link to Dave's special Maytag flywheel tool?

Bill