[SEL] OT - would like help with an old song

Peter Scales peter at loud-n-clear.net
Mon Jul 19 02:13:07 PDT 2004

I do remember the song, but not the singer, sadly.  As I recall, part of
the lyrics were "The bubble-car went beep-beep-beep" and "How do I get
this thing out of passing gear?".

A Google search turned up nothing for either version of the lyrics :-(

In message <GAEKIMAIANIDDENKHPAOGEEGNAAA.wilson at stny.rr.com>, Glenn
Wilson <wilson at stny.rr.com> writes
>Can someone tell me the name or singer of the oldies song that
>goes something like this:
>
>A Cadillac was driving and a Nash came up behind it BEEP BEEP BEEP
>the Cadillac sped up but the Nash was still right behind it BEEP BEEP BEEP
>Then the Cadillac hit 120, all it could go.
>The Nash was right behind it BEEP BEEP BEEP
>Then the Nash came up along side of the Cadillac and asked
>"How do I get this thing out of second gear"?
>
>Thanks, Glenn

Peter Scales