[SEL] Hidden fuel filters

Alan Bowen alanb2 at webtv.net
Sun Jul 18 17:43:44 PDT 2004

Hi Rick,

I got ta thinkin' about your hidden fuel filter question last night
while I was out in my engine trailer trying to find the leak in my
1-1/2hp Herc. S gas tank.  There is a filter (screen) on the end of the
fuel pipe.

Picture fine brass screen rolled up to fit into the end of the fuel pipe
that screws into the tank.  Then solder it into the pipe and fold and
solder the end shut.

Now when you screw the fuel line into the tank the filter isn't seen.
I sure don't think anything that gets through that screen will hurt the
engine.

I dunno, but it has been there for a whole bunch of years,,,, Did
Hercules put fuel screens in a lot of their tanks?????

Yes,,,, I build check valves too,,,,,

Alan Bowen  alanb2 at webtv.net
Williamsburg, Michigan

~~~~Richard Strobel wrote~~~~~

Howdy List;
    I know some of you build your own checkvalves. Are there any
home made, hidden fuel filters, that you learned about and were
impressed with? What I've got to work with is 1/4" npt elbows and ~ 3
feet of 1/4" pipe. The sawrig uses a Lunk.
Sawrig coming along nicely
Thanks gang
RickinMt.
http://community.webshots.com/user/stroberc