[SEL] O.T. Computer Help - Not Down

Paul Maples pmaples at anaxis.net
Sat Jul 17 15:47:21 PDT 2004

Ok you computer guru's I need your help again. I am not completely stupid,
almost but not quite there yet. I had enough sense about six months ago when
I was having computer trouble before to go out and buy a 60 gig external
hard drive and using Norton Ghost a friend of mine came over and did a
complete backup of my hard drive. He said the option he selected was such
that I cannot just hook up the hard drive to my computer and pick and choose
the files I want, I have to completely download everything and this is all
of the applications. He also said I would have to use Norton Ghost just to
download the files again.

Is there anyway I can hook up the external hard drive and see all of my
files and then download just the ones I want or is what he said true, I can
only do a complete backup onto my computer of the information that is on the
external harddrive. Surely there is a way to see these files and to pull off
what I want.

So there it is gang, the challenge for all of the computer guru's, and I am
confident that someone can tell me how to do this. By the way I now have
Norton Internet Security on my computer which does not include
Ghost.....does this make the challenge harder?

I will appreciate any and all help you folks can give me and just maybe I
might learn how to use this thing before I buy the farm as we say here in
the South.

Paul