[SEL] SEL Response Time - Is there a Problem?

Peter A Forbes diesel at easynet.co.uk
Sat Jul 17 01:15:29 PDT 2004

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 21:38:40 EDT, you wrote:

>Hi Paul;
>
>I finally got the message back that I sent you on the SEL this afternoon it
>took 6 or 7 hours.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Bill.

That seems to be a server problem, either through telco access being restricted
or by bandwith restrictions?

Oldengine was running at less than a minute turnround time recently, but that
has also had its problems over the years.

Now that Spencer has had to take the system out from his business that he sold,
he probably does not have the resources to give the higher speeds, so perhaps we
should be asking him if we can help in any (collective) way ?

Certainly we should all be prepared to offer our help to the guy after all he
has done for the engine movement over the years. If it is a question of new
hardware or something like that, we could start a collection right now.

Peter

--
Peter & Rita Forbes
diesel at easynet.co.uk