[SEL] Another engine- Arco Spray rig

Stojanov Dstojan1 at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jul 16 20:20:51 PDT 2004

Dear List,
    I bought an Arco engine and rig last Friday, and managed to bring it
home today. It was only a mile from my home, go figure! Anyways, it has a
Hercules 11/2hp GH with WICO EK, brass Lunkenheimer mixer, hopper lid, and
tin crank guard. The Hardie pump is still with the rig, I don't know if the
wand and fittings are original or not (they look too new, not brass,
aluminum), and they have rigged a wooden barrel as the tank. I would like to
find a more suitable tank for this rig, it would be a smaller model I
beleive, as it only appears that it had 1 axel, the one on their now. It has
a hitch on it, it looks fairly original. So, my main goal as of now is to
find a spray tank, and wand, if possible. The engine and pump need work.
They are both stuck, the bearings are loose on the engine, but there are
shims left in them. It should get a new rocker arm, and a muffler to be
original. The oiler is not original, but not a big deal. I am going to work
on it for these next few weeks until she is running, I would like to take
this engine to the NYSEA show (Pageant of Steam). If I happen to run across
a sprayer tank, I will open it and place a plastic drum in it, so the tank
is a dummy. I think it will turn out to be a nice project. I will let you
all know how it turns out. Unfortunately, I cannot post a picture right now,
as I broke my digital camera on the 1st outing for this engine! See ya.

Sincerely,

Tommy Stojanov