[SEL] SEL Response Time - Is there a Problem?

Curt Holland curt at imc-group.com
Fri Jul 16 10:26:12 PDT 2004

Paul,
It takes hours for my posts to post sometimes. The owner of the ISP we
use (Carolina Internet), used to be an employee here so I know him well.
I have discussed this at length with him and in the past have sent him
copies of emails I have posted to the SEL that had huge delays. He took
the time to research where the delays were occurring and sent me
detailed reports of the routing. His company, Carolina Internet, is not
the bottleneck in my delayed posts. His data showed the delay was with
the host of the SEL. Since this is a free service to us all it would be
inappropriate to even utter a hint of complaint about it, so that ended
my pursuit of the issue. I am content to deal with the mild
inconvenience this causes.
What made me suspect this was a Carolina Internet problem, was that I
will see replies to one of my posts before I see my own post. But
according to Morgan's data the delay is not in his portion of the route.
I would dig thru my trash folder and post Morgan's data, but
unfortunately just last week I deleted some 69,000 messages from my
trash folder because it was making my browser slow. I guess I could ask
him to prepare another report if there is interest.
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC
Post time 1:28 EST