[SEL] OT mail from PayPal

Bill Dickerson bill at antique-engines.com
Tue Jul 13 19:54:21 PDT 2004

It's not "spyware", it's a "scam".
They are attempting to collect information.
SPYWARE is software installed on YOUR computer, this is like a person coming
to your door pretending to be taking census, etc. - this is a "scam".

NEVER put in any confidential info.
The link isn't even to paypal, even though it "looks like" it is.
Never follow such a link - they can see who is visiting by collecting IP
addresses and info from your computer if you don't have a good firewall.
You may find the same thing from ebay asking you to confirm or update ebay
account info because "someone is attempting to use your ebay account".
I get the same thing from support at USBank.

No one will ever ask you for such info online or via email.
USBank asks that you forward a copy of each message to them.

Bill