[SEL] When is it an oil field engine?

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Fri Jul 9 11:50:18 PDT 2004

Hi Curt,

While Novo didn't specifically market the Novo "S" engine as an "oilfield
engine", Novo did offer these engines with optional gas mixers
and gasometers that would allow them to be run on well head gas.  They
also had substantial factory back-gearing as an option that facilitated
use on pump & winch applications.

However, the Oil Well Supply Company certainly did offer pumping rigs
based on the Novo "S" engines.

I copied several pages from an OWS catalog that shows three different
styles of pump jack equipped with a Novo "S" engine in the range of 4-10
hp.  Refer to: http://www.oldengine.org/docs/Nova_S_misc.pdf
They also point out that the outfit can be equipped with a winch for
pulling rods or tubing.

So add the trusty and ever popular Novo "S" to the list of "oilfield
engines."

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA