[SEL] O.T. Computer Problems

Peter A Forbes diesel at easynet.co.uk
Wed Jul 7 04:42:57 PDT 2004

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 07:31:24 EDT, you wrote:

>You computer gru's keep on talking so an illiterate like me can learn.  What
>is a CAT5 cable and denmark?  Is this something that can help connection
>speeds to a phone line?
>
>Tom Schmutz

Tom:

Cat5 is a type of networking cable that is used extensively for telecoms and is
designed for use with lines and modems.

Demark is probably Bills abbreviation for the demarcation point between where
the phone service enters his building and where his own wiring takes over.

As a lot of us use PC's entensively in our businesses and homes alongside the
engine hobby, we have a much better understanding of the workings etc than the
guys that just use them occasionally, and it would probably be a good idea for
some of these expressions to be a little more user-friendly :-))

Done any more to the web-site?

Peter

--
Peter & Rita Forbes