[SEL] O.T. Computer Problems

Paul Maples pmaples at anaxis.net
Tue Jul 6 18:43:40 PDT 2004

Folks here is where I stand on this problem:

I have Windows XP, I am on dial up service. I dial up my ISP and I connect,
no problem, however it may totally disconnect me from my dial up service at
any moment, sometimes within 60 seconds, other times it may run a few
minutes but always disconnects me and I have to dial back up.

Jeff Allen tried to help me thinking it was the Blaster Worm but as Jeff
said the Blaster Worm gives you notice that it is going to shut your
computer down within seconds and it turns the computer off. My computer does
not turn off, it just disconnects from the ISP. I get no messages, it just
disconnects.

I have Norton Internet Security (Professional Version) and I do a live
update each morning when I first turn it on. The instant I get any notice of
a Microsoft Update I stop and download all updates. I used a different virus
program also and both programs said I do not have any virus's. IT has me
stumped but if I don't fix it soon I am going to have to do a System
Recovery and lose a lot of files and it will take me two days to get back on
line.

One gentleman called me today and told me all I had to do was to reload
Windows XP and to do a Clean Load, not a Repair Load. My Windows XP came on
my computer so I do not have just the Windows XP operating system, it is all
on the Recovery Disk.

Any fresh ideas will be appreciated. Hey I have stayed connected this time
long enough to write this message so I am going to stop and send it before I
disconnect.

Paul