[SEL] electrical help OT

MBellar at aol.com MBellar at aol.com
Fri Dec 31 10:32:07 PST 2004

In a message dated 12/30/2004 5:34:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Germoamer at aol.com writes:

The problem is "ticking" charger pulses on
the phone line that in turn affects computer modem.

Tom;
We have been using high power energizers to keep our livestock home and
predators (2 and 4 legged) away for over 30 years. The best charger that I have
used is a top of the line Gallagher which has built in radio frequency
interference filters. I have found that as the load on the fence increases there is a
likelihood of interference being detected by near by audio circuits. This can be
minimized by installing additional eight foot long ground rods on ten foot
intervals hopefully in a damp area. These energizer grounds must not be
installed near under ground water pipes or electrical service, telephone or cable
grounds. I can usually tell when our fence is shorted out or carrying a heavy wet
weed load by the intensity of the "ticking" heard from our intercom that goes
out to the barn.

Tom Bellar