[SEL] Coil Question

Roger DiRuscio solarrog at pacbell.net
Fri Dec 31 10:05:37 PST 2004

Yes, You create a magnetic field in the  laminates using the primary
windings, and then collapse it to induce your spark from the secondary
windings.
and 12 volts is a bit much for a coil
try a resister in series to lower the voltage.
good luck with it.

Roger DiRuscio,  Broker Associate.The Realty Experts of Fremont
Collector and restorer of Pre 1920 marine engines, Vintage motor
scooters and bicycle motors. Pivate pilot 1981.  Fremont,Ca 94555
510-797-4000
Ham radio KG6QKZ 2 meter mostly
web site.     scrapologist.com