[SEL] Happy Boxing Day

diesel at easynet.co.uk diesel at easynet.co.uk
Tue Dec 28 07:11:51 PST 2004

Quoting cgandree at mchsi.com:

> Very good Peter, when I asked someone else the other day (a knowledgable Brit
>
> whom we both know) I first got the cleanup after Christmas story then he
> decided to get the real story from goggle.   Did you get out for the Steam
> Tractor parade?
> regards,
> Curt Andree

Hi Curt:

We always used to believe as kids it was because of the sporting links that
Boxing Day was so called, now we know differently!  I don't know how true that
explanation is, you'd have to go way back to get to the bottom of the name
methinks.

Regarding the steam rally, we haven't been out of the factory this past week or
two apart from Xmas day itself. We have a large couple of jobs to get out, one
for delivery to Scotland this week, so we have nearly all been at work.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: diesel at easynet.co.uk