[SEL] NPT taps

MARVIN HEDBERG marvhed at ecenet.com
Tue Dec 28 04:49:29 PST 2004

about 2/3 to 3/4 of the threads deep, leave 1/3 to 1/4 of the threads
showing. test with a pipe plug.
on steel, i use cutting oil, on cast iron, i do it dry.
be sure to use a 1/4 turn advance-1/3 turn back motion when taping.
if you keep taping continually without the forward and back motion on the
tap handle, the tap will plug with chips and break. there is no warning
either :-))

marv in minn