[SEL] NPT taps

Ron Frost, Kersey, PA ron217_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 27 06:15:06 PST 2004

Good question Rick.  Can't tell you just how far it should go in, but a professional pipefitter told me once that you should be able to ingage a pipe thread into its fitting 4 to 5 turns by hand to get a proper seal. I guess you could fit and try until you got the 4-5 turns then check the tap to see just how many threads are showing.

Ron

Richard Strobel <Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com> wrote:
Howdy list. It was a good one here and we had a White Christmas. 13
above now with little snow...jus perfect.
Well for Christmas, I got a set of NPT taps. Question I've had for a long
time is "How far do you turn a pipe thread tap in?" Usually on a die I turn
it until 2 threads are showing.

HELP

RickinMt.
http://community.webshots.com/user/stroberc

Ron Frost
Kersey, PA
 http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4070123&a=30427007&f=0

  http://community.webshots.com/user/ron15846

" Collector of other peoples cultured merchandise "