[SEL] FINALLY, We've Turned the Corner (OT)

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Wed Dec 22 06:53:04 PST 2004

Hi Peg,

Well, Beltane is definitely on my "occasions to dance naked in the
moonlight" calandar.  8->>>

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5202/mayday.htm
http://www.spiritualitea.com/sabbats/mayday.shtml
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art19730.asp

And I've even learned WHY one dances naked.  8->>

By Celtic reckoning, the actual Beltane celebration begins on sundown of
the preceding day, April 30, because the Celts always figured their days
from sundown to sundown. And sundown was the proper time for Druids to
kindle the great Bel-fires on the tops of the nearest beacon hill (such as
Tara Hill, Co. Meath, in Ireland). These 'need-fires' had healing
properties, and sky-clad Witches would jump through the flames to ensure
protection.

Sgt. Howie (shocked): 'But they are naked!'
Lord Summerisle: 'Naturally. It's much too dangerous to jump through the
fire with your clothes on!'

So now you know...  8-)))

See ya,  Arnie