[SEL] JD Magneto

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Mon Dec 20 15:02:10 PST 2004

  Most JD "D"s use an Edison-Splitdorf.  A Wico C was used on tractors
numbered 152708-155999.  These would be tractors from late 1941 through
early 1944.  A  Wico X was used on tactors numbered 35309-130699 years
1926-1936 and on tractors numbered   187102-     these would from about
the third quarter of 1949 through the  end of production.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Dave Ernst wrote:
> Anyone know what model an original wyco mag was on JD D's? I'm contemplating getting an early steel wheeled one.
>
> Dave

In the Ozark Mountains of South Central USA where both life and I move
at a leisurely pace.