[SEL] SEL and GEM

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 15:16:09 PST 2004

Hi Helen,

I just got my latest GEM today.  I got several good
laughs out of what you chose to put in there. I also
liked your comment about the new engine that isn't
home yet.

Yes, This seems to be a slow time and as I opened the
magazine I wondered what you came up with for the
article and was pleased with what I found.  I was
going to write you and say THANKS. You do a great job
with it. I replied here instead.

THANKS,

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com

--- Jim French <fbi at insulate.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Folks

 As you know, I've been using discussions on this
 list to create a GEM
 column every month for about 5 1/2 years now, and as
 has recently been
 noted, there's not always a lot going on here.  It's
 been getting harder
 and harder to find a thread with enough discussion
 to use for an article
 and I feel that the quality is slipping.
 It may be that I'm getting jaded - I don't know.
 But I do know that I'm
 not happy with what I'm producing and would like to
 ideally hand over to
 someone else.
 So ... if anyone would like to take over the job and
 do it with a fresh
 eye, I'm more than happy to hand over.
 Alternatively, I'll suggest to
 Ritchie Backus that it becomes an occasional column,
 when there's
 something worth writing about.

 Dolly

 Jim French