Was: [SEL] Is't true? Now something to look at

Ron Frost, Kersey, PA ron217_2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 03:34:38 PST 2004

Hi Steve,
Your Mery looks great. I know, lots of hours involved.  Mine is complete except for the ignition system. I'm thinking of using a Hall system. What are you using? Also what are you doing for a cooling water system?  I made a piston pump and am driving it off the crankshaft. The flow then goes into a holding tank. I made and mounted the engine and cooling system on a box made of 3/4 plywood for a top and 3/4 oak sides. There is a drawer in each end to hole the electrical in one and the fuel system in the other. In the center area is a panel where the remote propane tank connects and valving to control, shutoff flow as is the pressure regulator.
Fun project.
Ron

Steve Gray <segray at mlode.com> wrote:
Hi All -

Well, if the SEL is too quiet, I'll try to throw something here of
interest into the pot for (sort of) a change of scenery. After close to
1000 hours of work, I've finished the Mery model. Just need a stand for
it now, a LOT of paint touch up and maybe a small added accessory later
on. Some rough pictures are at:

http://www.oldengineshed.com/snapshot/

To give you an idea of it's size, a majority of the bolt heads are 5/32"
and the piping is either 3/16", 1/4". The intake manifold is 5/16", the
spark plug threads are 1/4-32. A lot of work, but a lot of fun! Enjoy....

- Steve

--
Steve Gray
Member EDGE & TA, Br. 49 & 13
e-mail: segray at mlode.com
Home page: http://www.oldengineshed.com

John Hammink wrote:

>Is't true that the SEL is almost dead?
>
>John Hammink
>Anna Paulowna, Netherlands.
>jg.hammink at quicknet.nl

Ron Frost
Kersey, PA
 http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4070123&a=30427007&f=0

  http://community.webshots.com/user/ron15846

" Collector of other peoples cultured merchandise "