[SEL] Is't true?

Peter A Forbes diesel at easynet.co.uk
Sun Dec 12 00:35:33 PST 2004

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 00:19:50 +0100, you wrote:

>Is't true that the SEL is almost dead?

Sounds like the annual question that pops up each year, John.

We have had no time at all this year for anything on the engines as we have been
too busy at work, so apart from a couple of engine shows in the UK and the
Portland and Tulare trips we haven't done a lot at all. On the workshop
machinery side we have been very busy indeed, acquiring a CNC engraver and other
tooling to go on the milling machines.

There is plenty of activity though, have a look on Smokestak, Sparks 'n Arcs etc
on Harry's site plus the Slick list.

It can be too easy to rely on one source as a guide to engine activity out
there, and with Xmas coming there are a lot of other things to keep folks
occupied. I had to make a conscious decision to get away from the 'puter as it
can be too easy to sit there waiting for something to turn up, instead of doing
something practical instead.

The time of year in the northern hemisphere also means winter and cold weather
for most of us, so outdoor work tends to slow down.

I think you will find that this same subject crops up every year on the lists,
and the newsgroups are quiet as well BTW.

Peter