[SEL] Info on Communications

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Fri Dec 10 05:35:31 PST 2004

This is somewhat off topic but since we have to have a mode of
communications in transferring our thoughts and ideas, I thought I would
  send this to the list for anyone that had not already seen it.

I'm sure most of you are aware that a cell directory will soon be
released that contains cell numbers.  As a result, your cell phone
number will probably be accessed by telemarketers and you could possibly
start receiveing numerous annoying calls each day running up your air
time and monthly bill (if you receive a telemarketing call and you hang
up after only 10 seconds, you will more than likely have one minute
charged against your cell).  I've got a friend in the Communications
field who sent me the info below.  I thought I would pass it on just in
case you haven't already taken care of this.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY

In the coming weeks, cell phone numbers are being released to
telemarketing companies and you will start to receive tele-sales calls.
Call this number from your cell phone 888-382-1222. It is the National
Do Not Call list. It blocks your number for 5 years.

You can also register "do not call numbers" using the FCC web site at:
https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx
Remember, to register via phone you must call from the phone you wish to
register.

Howard Williams
Charter Communications