[SEL] Fwd

Jeff Allen transteck at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 1 20:22:33 PST 2004

Hi all,

Don't know why I get these, but here it is. Will try to dig out the reply address for all and post it at the end of message. If that don't work, contact me, and I'll figure it out.

""
Jeff,

I need some help. Would you please point me in the right direction?

My father bought an EB steam engine from an old sawmill in northern Georgia in the late 70's and paid $5,500 for it. My dad has been in a nursing home for several years now, and my mom wants to sell the land, and there sits this big steam engine on it (it is in Georgia). We would love to sell it. Do you think there is a market for it?

It is a "portable" (it has wheels). The front wheels are missing (if they ever existed) but the large back wheels are there. In fact, my Dad got the thing running years ago with the help of a steam engine enthusiast friend, so I know it has all its necessary parts to run. It's just been sitting there ever since, so I assume it is rusted.

It is a Emerson-Brantingham 60 hp portable. The firebox has two numbers on it: 18103 and 81930. There are two numbers on the front of what I think is referred to as the boiler :923G and 0154G. The wheels are 39" in diameter and the whole thing is about 14' 16" long. My mother is going to send me a photo of it.

Do you know anything about this steam engine? I appreciate any advice you are willing to offer me.

Donna Turk
Lee's Summit, MO

""

Reply to: Jacob Turk