[SEL] Johnson Utilimotor Restoration Up Date.

FRM8198 at aol.com FRM8198 at aol.com
Fri Dec 3 12:30:31 PST 2004

Hi,
I finally managed to get my Johnson Utilimotor disassembled.   However, the
piston is still stuck in the cylinder.  It is heavily  rusted.  It has been
soaking in automatic transmission fluid for a few  weeks.  Perhaps, it is time to
get the heat wench.
This engine has a WICO Model F magneto.  For several days I  have been trying
to figure out how the thing works.  This morning, I made a  trip to the local
magneto shop.  Fortunately, they were able to explain to  me in layman's term
how this magneto works.  The problem I was  having is that I didn't realize
that intra part of the magneto rotated between  the coils and part of the
rotating rotor segment activated the  points.  Once we were able to get this intra
segment to rotate, then  everything started to make sense.
I would like to publicly thank all of the various members that have  been
kind enough to answer my inquiries and trying to make me  a more informed person.
 I have found out that wording  the question correctly is as important
getting an answer.  Working on  this old iron sure keeps the brain cells active.

Francis  Maciel
Santa Maria,  California