[SEL] clogged pipe help

jlb94 at juno.com jlb94 at juno.com
Wed Dec 1 07:57:15 PST 2004

>Is Denatured Alcohol in the US the same as the "Meths" or
>"Methylated spirits" we use in the UK?
=        =        =        =        =        =        =        =
Hi Dave,

I have no idea what the UK calls things.

I bought a can of "Solvent Alcohol" at an estate sale.
I figured it was "Denatured Alcohol".
It smells the same & burns the same & solvents the same.
But the ingredients are different.

Denatured Alcohol containes = Methyl Alcohol Cas #67-56-1
and - Ethyl Alcohol Cas # 64-17-5

Solvent Alcohol containes = Methanol - No other ingredients listed.

So - Even over here - What I think is the same, is something else.
Sorry -

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com
 ,-._,-.          "Never argue with a fool -
 \/)"(\/         people might not know the difference."
 (_o_)          http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz