[SEL] OT Race Week

John Culp johnculp at chartertn.net
Sat Aug 28 17:00:16 PDT 2004

First time I've been in Bristol for the August race week since '98.
It's been fairly congested around here, about like Portland on a bigger
scale.

The race has just started. I was outside fixing the left headlight on
the 'Vette and watering the plants while the F16s did their flybys.
Last pass, timed for the ending of  "The Star Spangled Banner," they
went south down the Volunteer Parkway at about 1000 feet with their
afterburners on hard for about 3 miles. Rock and roll!

John Culp
Bristol, Tennessee, USA