[SEL] Display opinion revisited ( results )

Steve Gray segray at mlode.com
Tue Aug 10 22:06:38 PDT 2004

Hi Folks -

   Many thanks to all for the many helpings of compliments. Makes the
work worthwhile!

   To answer Craig's questions, as stated, I've been involved with this
thing for nearly 9 years, the first several had it stored outside due to
lack of space at the old property. Being originally a car trailer, it
had the obligatory "pre warped" 2 x 10's over which I had put cheap 1/2"
ply. The weather took care of that until I moved here to Sonora in 2000
when I had the barn built. Had a patch of dry rot about 2 FEET in
diameter directly under the Lister twin! Around October '02, I field
striped the entire unit down to the bare trailer frame and started back
with new everything. The deck is fully primed & painted 2 x 8's, covered
with fully painted 1/2" ACX ply screwed down every sq. foot. This was
then covered with standard house linoleum flooring glued in place
(having used the remnants for the shop bath, it now matches the
trailer!). All the outer edges have the gold flooring trim strips. All
the display items then had to be cleaned up and/or repainted. All the
electrical is new since the generator was a new addition, and is fused
for a total 6900 watt load. You'll notice the twist-lock outlet on the
gen set. That gets a special 'pig tail' cord feeding my property during
our many outages. ;-)

Thanks again to all!

- Steve

--