[SEL] OT . Old IHC trucks May be lost forever

Peter A Forbes diesel at easynet.co.uk
Sun Aug 8 08:48:18 PDT 2004

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 10:36:16 -0500, you wrote:

>Hello list ;
>
>      I know this is off topic But as engine collectors we all hate to see
>restorable engine get busted up and melted down for their iron content ,
>Well the same is going to happen to a lot of old K model IHC trucks if I
>don't stop it , My boss is cleaning up the the old Iron pile and there are
>about 14 old trucks starting around the 1930's that will be destroyed if I
>can't find some one who wants them ,
>  if any of you know anyone who may collect  IHC's and or need parts this is
>a real chance to get them Cheap
>  here is a link with pictures of them ,
>http://client.webshots.com/photo/172545489/172555083AQOSXf
>
> I am not a salesman and I get nothing for doing this I just hate to see the
>trucks get wasted if someone can use them.
>you may contact me off list  rexhinz at chorus.net
>sorry if I offended anyone with this post
>Rex Hinz

Hi Rex:

I don't think anyone would complain for you posting that information, a lot of
the guys have other interests besides stationary engines, and the more people
get to know the better chance there is that someone will come along and save
them.

There was a nicely restored old-timer truck at the Woodland Swap Meet last year
when we came over in October, very nicely done. Another nice restored but
working truck was at Tulare, the owner was also the restorer of a couple of the
Caterpillar exhibits IIRC.

Peter

--
Peter & Rita Forbes