[SEL] The Royster Boys

Mike Royster mr at carolina.rr.com
Fri Aug 6 03:55:22 PDT 2004

Hi Paul:
  My evil big brother has been off galavanting across the big pond.  He and
Carol Ann went to England and had a big ole time, and the French's
entertained them in high style.  I am suprised we haven't read about his
travels much like Arnie's travels.  Rumor has it he almost got booted off
the plane for "suspicious packages".  Seems the metal detectors went off in
high gear when Steve's luggage went through. All the suits gathered around
and started asking questions, Steve got pulled out of line and had to take
his shoes off.  Big Mistake!  Any of yall ever notice he don't never go
barefoot?  Well he popped those brogans off and all that built up aroma set
loose.  First off, he ruined two drug sniffing dogs.  Next, the food courts
got shut down cause folks thought the egg salad went bad.  Then the smoke
alarms went off which set off the sprinkler systems.  Not a bunch of happy
people with badges.  What was in the bag that started all this mess?

  Turns out ole Stevie had packed a bunch of them little cans of "Vienie
sausages" and the FBI wannabes thought they might be hazardous.  Not near as
hazardous as them stinky feet!!!

  Well everybody had a good laugh, Steve got to go to England, plus he now
has a special airport pass says he is a "VIP" and don't never have to take
his shoes off again.  Ain't he special?  To top it off he ain't been home a
week and gets a letter from the CIA about how his country needs him and all
that.  Turns out,  they want to take him over there where the fighting is,
pop off his brogans and "diffuse" the situation.  He sure is a lucky feller,
gettin to travel on the government dole.

And Paul, as for me; well I was left behind here in the States to look after
our aging parents and run the family business of making odor eater foot
products.   I enjoy their company and consider it an honor.  I was just
Crisco proud Steve got to go over yonder.

Well, gotta go now.  I preciate the note of concern and hope you and the SEL
are all well.  Hope to see youins in Portland if we all survive the trip in
Steve's truck assuming he keeps his shoes on.

My best to you and yours,
Mike