[SEL] O.T. Need Good Spyware Removal Tool

Rupert Wenig rwenig at cable-lynx.net
Wed Aug 4 19:20:03 PDT 2004

Hello DAve,
	My $0.02 on the subject.

	Spy programs don't necessarily come from list programs although a few
might get through. Most spy ware is imbedded in questionable web pages
we view (some not so questionable), and with bought and paid for
programs. Even some spy ware has imbedded spy ware of it's own.
	IMHO, the only way to reduce the amount of spy ware on a computer is to
run a spy ware program frequently specially after installing any
program. I don't think you can eliminate spy ware entirely. For
instance, the free Adware program will snag Netspy which comes with
another boughten program. Then, Spyhunter (also free) will snag adware
as spy ware. I haven't tried Spybot but have tried a few others with the
same results.
	Again, that is my opinion. Other opinions may vary. What I would like
to see is a positive way to eliminate spam and unsolicited messages.

Rupert